Mould inside the home doesn’t just look unsightly, it can also pose major health risks if left unchecked.
Places like bathrooms, because of their damp environment, are prone to the growth of mould and mildew. This is common and generally easy enough to eradicate. Bu sometimes mould flourishes in other parts of the home, like the roof cavity or the walls, often due to water leaks from storm damage, or perhaps a leaking pipe hidden from view.
Mould is a fungus that produces spores. These spores become airborne, floating around the home and they are invisible to the naked eye. These spores can inflame airways, cause congestion on the lungs, wheezing, chest tightening, throat irritation and coughing fits.
If fungus gets inside the gut, an infestation can occur which can potentially lead to serious health problems.
Mould in the home can really play havoc with those who suffer from allergies or asthma, too.
Other symptoms of mould infestation can be red eyes and a runny nose, headaches and generally always feeling like you have a cold. In some cases a skin rash can occur.
What’s the Solution?
Professional mould cleaning.
We’re not just talking about a bit of mould around the base of the shower cubicle. We’re talking about a major infestation in the home in areas where mould just shouldn’t be.
A 2 step process is used for professional mould cleaning, using a special biodegradable treatment. Because the airborne spores have not yet been eradicated, occupants will be required to vacate the home for several days while treatment takes place.
The 2 steps include:
- The mould needs to be removed from the affected surfaces by hand.
- The airborne spores are eliminated with the application of a chemical that prevents mould regrowth.
In some instances, where water has damaged parts of the ceiling or walls, producing mould growth, these areas may need replacing and repairing.
Ultra Clean Services on the Gold Coast and Tweed Heads offer a specialist mould cleaning service that will effectively eradicate mould infestation from your home or office. Don’t try and attempt to remove the mould yourself. Call in the help of a professional mould cleaning service.